Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Suds in the Bucket

Today I may have done the stupidest ever! For a while now there has been a somewhat redish spot on the bottom of the dishwasher with what looks like could be mold growing on it (not really sure if it's mold or not though). Anyways, after emptying the dishwasher this morning I decided to finally clean it out before re-loading the dishes. So I decided to use Mela Magic because it's supposed to break through tough messes. For those of you who don't know what Mela Magic is, it's a Melaleuca (where I used to work) product that can be used to clean floors, ovens, etc. Anyways, I poured quite a bit in the dishwasher on the spot so that it could start breaking it up and then I got a washcloth wet and poured some water on it. And that's when the suds started forming....Yes, that's right, I had forgotten about the whole sudsing when combined with water thing!!! So I spent a good 4-5 hours turning the dishwasher on and off about every 4-5 seconds and scooping out all the suds until FINALLY it was all cleaned out!! I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I picked that cleaner, but I guess something like this has to happen at least once to everybody. Although usually we do it when we are kids and don't know better...I just happened to wait a few years. And now I know what to do when/if Parker decides to put something in the dishwasher that shouldn't go in it!! I of course had to document this, so here are a couple pictures of the suds in the dishwasher. And no it wasn't like they were spilling out the top and going all over the floor...it wasn't that bad, thank goodness!!

No comments: