Monday, October 12, 2009

We're HERE!!

(**Sorry in advance for the length...this is all for my journaling sake, but still feel free to read it if you would like!)

Yesterday Parker and I flew from Phoenix to Orlando. Our flight left at 9:45 am so I was up by about 5:45 am to get ready and finish packing. We got to the airport around 8:15 or so and it was pretty busy because most, if not all, the schools were on October break this coming week so everyone was going on vacation. Anyways, there were two lines to check-in/check bags and one was really long and the other was pretty much empty, but they weren't just letting anybody in this line...HOWEVER, we were able to go through! Because Parker was riding on my lap, they let me go through because it takes forever to check the luggage and print his boarding document and stuff. My dad asked if the nonstop flight was completely full and if they could switch my flight, but it was full so we had to stick to our flight :(

Well, we boarded our plane and got a pretty good seat, next to the window (I almost got an entire row to myself!) and I was able to get 2 seats which was nice because then Parker got to walk a little more and also sit on his own seat if he wanted to. He did really well on the first flight to Columbus, Ohio. It was about a 3 hour flight and he slept for about the last 45 minutes or so, which was nice. I was afraid he wasn't going to sleep at all. We then had about an hour and a half layover in Ohio before we left for Orlando and I'm glad it wasn't any longer because Parker was starting to get really cranky at this point and he was wearing a harness so that he could walk around but not get lost. He didn't really like this much though because he couldn't walk more than like 4 feet or something.

Our 2nd plane was delayed about 30 minutes, but we again were able to get 2 seats to ourselves, next to the window. This flight was only about 2 hours and Parker actually did really well on this flight too...he slept for about the last hour or so. We got to Orlando about 8:30 pm (Eastern time). After we got our bags and got situated in the car we had to drive another 2 hours to Gainesville. Dang, there are a TON of toll roads here! I think we went through like 4 or 5 before we finally got on the main freeway...I mean seriously?? I think we may have paid twice on the same freeway somehow! We had to make a stop about 1/2 way because Parker was yelling/crying and I was really hungry so we got Parker some milk to put in his sippy cup and I got something to eat (that was more substantial than crackers/cookies/fruit snacks). So, we ended up getting to our apartment around 11:45 pm and then of course Parker had to explore the apartment for awhile so all in all we didn't really finally all get to bed until around 1 or so in the morning!!

It was a crazy long day, but we are so glad to finally be here and Parker and I were excited to see Chris after a week (it was the first time since we've been married that we were apart for longer than a day or two!). We still aren't exactly sure how long we are staying here, but it will be at least a month. I'll post some pictures of our apartment soon, but it's really nice and I'm pretty pleased with it.

No comments: