Thursday, September 29, 2011

Update

Well, I thought I would just give a little update on us and where we are now! We were originally supposed to move to North Carolina by the middle of August for our next job. It was perfect timing really because my brother was leaving on his mission on the 3rd of August so we decided to drive over for his farewell on July 31, then drive up to Idaho and spend a week or so there getting all of our doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, eye exams, get my license renewed and switch some stuff in/out of storage before we headed over to North Carolina for 9 months!! Well, as luck would have it, we found out the day our ABF moving trailer was scheduled to be picked up and shipped over to NC that the job has been delayed for awhile and we wouldn't be going there. Perfect! I guess I can be thankful that we found out before it was picked up so I was able to change the destination to just have it sit in Oklahoma City until we figure out what we are doing.

Chris actually left Idaho after a couple days while I stayed there with the boys and did all of our appointments and spent time with my family. At the end of the week my step-dad drove with us back to Oklahoma, where we were going to stay until the job was completely finished. What should have only taken a couple more weeks actually took about 6 weeks and we finally officially moved from Oklahoma last weekend!! All of our stuff was still all packed up in the moving trailer, so we just used rented furniture and lived in the apartment we had been living in since we hadn't closed out the lease.

That brings us to now. We have moved to the beautiful mountains of Colorado!! We are living in Alma, CO which is about 11,000 feet in elevation, but is absolutely gorgeous. The cabin we are staying in is beautiful and has awesome views of the mountains. The trees are all changing colors and are currently bright yellows and oranges. There is a little creek running down the side of the mountain right by our house that we can hear when the windows are open. There is a nice big deck that wraps around one corner of the house. We will only be here for about 4-5 weeks, as long as the snow holds out and doesn't make it difficult for the concrete trucks to get to the job. We have already seen some moose as we were driving up to the house. They walked right in front of us and one of them actually walked right by the side of our car. The boys loved it and were pretty excited to see them. I don't have any pictures yet of everything, something I hope to do very soon! And as far as where we will be going next, that is a mystery that won't be known until closer to the time we will be leaving here!!! Definitely keeps life interesting!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

How many states have you lived in now? I bet Colorado is gorgeous. I'm sorry the move to NC didn't work out like planned. I am impressed with how flexible you are!!