Monday, October 29, 2012

Date Night!! October 12, 2012

On October 9 bright and early we loaded up the car and drove 16 hours down to Arizona for a number of activities. Our oldest niece, Sammy was getting baptized, our youngest nephew, Nathan Jr. was getting blessed and my sister was having her baby shower and to job search. We were all excited to head down to the warmth to visit family for a few days. My sister and brother-in-law took the boys Friday afternoon and kept them overnight so Chris and I could have a date night and be relieved of any sort of parenting duties for a little bit! It was so nice to have a little break and be able to talk whenever we wanted without anybody screaming or yelling to us and it was also nice to be able to sleep in and take our time getting up!! Thanks Kels and Alex, they sure had a blast!! So while they were over being spoiled by their aunt and uncle, Chris and I went to Golfland and did a round of mini-golf. It was fun and let the record show that I in fact WON!! haha After mini-golf we headed over to Target to get a baby shower gift for my sister, which proved to be VERY difficult because she is having a girl and everything is just SO DARN CUTE!!! We went before dinner and were in there forever so naturally Chris started getting hungry and went to get popcorn and a pop while he waited for me to make a decision...we may have been in there at least an hour!! lol I'm lucky that he is such a great sport and so patient...hey it's not everyday that can go into Target without any screaming kids and just enjoy myself, I had to take advantage of the moment! haha

After Target we went to dinner at Fuddruckers. I had never been there and boy their food is delish!! We just shared a burger and fries and then got a cookies and cream milk shake...so GOOD! But boy that place sure has a way of making you feel ginormous afterwards, even when you do share a meal!! It was a nice, relaxing and much needed night!!

No comments: