Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mother's Day - May 12, 2013

I was lucky enough this year to get pretty much an entire weekend to celebrate Mother's Day! Chris took the boys on a father/son camp-out with our ward Friday night and they didn't come back until early afternoon on Saturday. My step-dad had come in for a few days before that and left that Friday as well. I drove him to the airport in San Francisco and then grabbed some dinner at a new restaurant that opened across the street from our complex. It's called Whisper's and they have crepes, waffles, pancakes, burgers, salads, sandwiches, smoothies and so much more. It was delicious, and we may or may not have gone back for dinner on Saturday night too with the whole family....

I mainly just spent the rest of the night relaxing, watching movies, I rented Safe Haven which was really good, and enjoyed the quiet. Although I have to admit, it was almost a little too quiet! It was the first time that I have been completely by myself without any responsibilities in the almost 7 years I've been married!!! I was able to sleep in on Saturday morning until about 8, which again was weird waking up on my own and just laying there expecting to hear/see one of the boys running in begging for breakfast! Spent the morning relaxing again and waited for the boys to get home. Nothing too spectacular, but it was nice none the less!!

Sunday again was spent relaxing, attending church and spending the day with family. Chris made me delicious breakfast, and we were able to talk to Chris' brother and family, who is on his mission in Little Rock, Arkansas, on Google+ Video Chat. It was a nice weekend!!

They spoiled me with new pajamas and a jewelry holder that hangs in the closet!
 Tyler was trying to run away...
 I love our little family!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: