Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Seattle Vacation

So last week I was able to go back home in Seattle and it was so much fun! It was very nice to have a week off from work or school and just relax. Chris and I were there for a week, although Chris left a couple days early to come back and work. We left on Chris' birthday and my family took us to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Oh man was it good! I've only been there once, a couple years ago, so I forgot how good it was.

I was able to go shopping a couple days for more maternity clothes and there is so much great stuff out there. It's too bad that I'm so bad at choosing things and making decisions because I wanted everything but since I could have everything I had to pick and choose. Which of course extended out the shopping experience! It was amazing how much more of a selection Target and Kohls had compared to the stores in Idaho Falls. There was so much more to choose from! Same thing went for baby stuff, much more to look at!!

My sister and a friend from church threw me a baby shower the night before I left and that was pretty fun! I got some pretty cool stuff. Since I don't know what I'm having yet, I mostly got stuff like a few toys, blankets, diaper bag, and some other stuff. I think one of my favorite gifts was the portable crib I got from one of my best friends and her parents. I totally wasn't expecting anything that big. I really wanted to bring it back with me on the plane but since I was flying by myself and I already had two suitcases to check in I had to leave it behind. But my parents are going to bring it with them when they come so that will be good.

All in all it was a great weekend and I'm going to miss being there. Although Chris had an interview with a construction company there so it's possible that we'll get to move back there next year!!

No comments: