Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

**This is a very long post with a TON of pictures from the WHOLE day...just keep scrolling!**

Yesterday we had a great 4th of July! We headed down to Idaho Falls around 9:30 in the morning to go to the Parade. It was pretty fun. Usually my grandparents, and aunts, uncles, and cousins go to and we all meet up together...but this year one of my cousins was getting baptized later in the day so nobody else went. The weather was PERFECT though, a slight breeze and it wasn't too hot either. Last year at the parade it was sooo hot, with hardley any breeze and I was 8 months pregnant! Parker seemed to enjoy himself, he liked to climb on his stroller and play with the grass and our chairs.

Daddy and Parker watching the Parade
Okay, I really have no idea what Parker is doing, but I just love his expression!! He was clapping a little while I took this picture too...silly kid!
I love this picture!
Chris was trying to get him to stand by himself and I was able to quickly get this before he fell over...he'll be walking in no time!
Mommy and Parker
After the parade we went over to my grandparent's house and hung out for a little bit, ate some lunch and put Parker down for a small nap before the baptism. My cousin Elise Davis got baptized yesterday afternoon at 2:00. There were 3 other girls from their stake that got baptized also. It was a really nice ceremony. Our other cousin, Kristen, sang a beautiful song that gave me chills when she sang it.

The family after Elise's baptism
Parker wondering why Elise's brother, Boyd, was crying.
The special girl!
Afterwards, we headed back to my grandparent's house and changed our clothes and got things ready to head over to my aunt and uncle's house, where we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening. We had a nice BBQ dinner, with hot dogs and homemade hamburger patties. The WHOLE dinner was really, really good. After dinner we just hung out, watched a couple movies, watched the kids play and then got ready to wath the fireworks. Parker had an absolute BLAST at both my grandparent's house and my aunt and uncle's house because they are so much bigger than our house. He crawled ALL over and found cabinets, drawers, doors, windows, chairs that moved when he pushed them and of course the stairs! We don't have stairs at home, but he still knows how to crawl up them...at REALLY well too, it's amazing. He doesn't, however, quite know how to go back down them...he seems to think that going down head first will do the trick!!

Around 9 pm we headed over to our usual spot at an elementary school on the other side of the river to watch the fireworks. My grandpa always pops a bunch of popcorn and the kids enjoy playing on the playground until the fireworks start. Parker did really well and stayed awake for the WHOLE time, considering he only had about 2 1-hour naps! He watched them for the most part, but it didn't seem to hold his interest as much as we thought it would. The fireworks were pretty good this year, but I sort of think that last year's were a lot better. After the fireworks it usually takes us a good 1-2 hours to even get home, but this year it took us 35 minutes! However, we did take a small detour...back to my aunt and uncle's house to shoot off a few more fireworks (the really high and illegal ones I think!), and it only took us 10 MINUTES to get back to their house...it was AWESOME!!! I have never gotten out of there soo fast, and the traffic back home was really good too, but we didn't get back home til almost midnight. All in all it was a great, long, and tiring day!!

Waiting for the fireworks!
Daddy and Parker watching the Fireworks!
Some of the clearer pictures of the fireworks

No comments: