Friday, August 28, 2009

Lead Screening

Today I took Parker up to the Hospital Lab to get his Lead Screening and CBC (Complete Blood Count). Wow, I had absolutely NO idea what this whole thing involved!! I thought they would just prick his foot and get a little blood. Boy was I WRONG!! They did need blood but they actually drew it like they would draw blood on adults...through his little arm! And guess who had to hold him and his arm completely still and straight? That's right...ME! Whey the nurse first tried to put the tourniquet on his arm it snapped and scared him a little and he started crying. So she put it on again and then stuck the needle in his arm...HOWEVER she didn't hit the vain and started digging around in his arm!! I felt soo bad for the little guy because I know exactly how that feels, it's been done to me (I may have teared up a little too). He was so brave though and stopped crying shortly after they finished and put the band aid on. He even got an otter pop when we got home :) GOOD JOB PARKER!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

so why did he need lead screening done? also, sorry we missed his birthday. i was in london and i forgot to tell luke about it, otherwise he would have been there! so sorry!

Becca said...

poor little guy. When my little one got her lead tested they pricked her finger and then got a little blood from that drop by drop. YOurs sounds crazy. I am glad he was brave and mommy made it through it too. Sometimes I think it is harder on the mommy!