Sunday, December 27, 2009

Big Brother

Parker is going to be a BIG BROTHER on July 11, 2010!

I figured out I was going to be around 12 weeks along by Christmas so we opted to wait until then to tell our families. I also wanted to be creative in how we told them the big news this time around so I googled some different ideas and the two that I chose to use were as follows:

1) For my mom, step-dad, brother and sister in Seattle we bought Parker a shirt that said "Big Brother Athletic Dept." and we put it in a box with another shirt that said "Old Navy" on it and waited until last to open it. Well, normally we are finished opening gifts by 9 or 10, however this year it lasted until around 1 or 2 because we kept taking breaks to eat breakfast, talk with Chris' brother on his mission, etc. So naturally I was very anxious to open the last of the gifts because I wasn't sure how much longer I could wait! Since pretty much all the rest of the gifts were for Parker I just handed everyone a gift and gave the one with Parker's shirts to my mom to open. She opened it and only saw the Old Navy shirt first. I asked if she had opened the gift and she said yes and pulled out the Old Navy shirt again. I said that there was another shirt in there so she pulled it out and after about a second asked if I was pregnant. Now, I can't give the reactions of everyone justice, so enjoy the video!!

2) For my dad, step-mom, sister, and step-brother I bought a card (that said "Surprise! You are going to be an Uncle again!!! He was at his dad's so he wouldn't have found out for a while) for my brother and three little gifts for the rest of my family (baby booties, rattle and bib that reads "I Love My Big Brother"). We also got them a web cam as their main gift. Now, when I shipped them I gave them some very specific instructions...they were to open the web cam on Christmas Eve so they could get it installed and tested and then open the small gifts Christmas morning ALL at the SAME time while using the web cam so that we could see their reactions! Well, instead since or internet was down for a while we just listened on the phone while they opened. They were very excited as well!

We just told Chris' family while everyone was on the line talking to his brother on the mission. They were all excited too!

Now, as far as the pregnancy goes, I haven't had ANY morning sickness, or heartburn (which I had with Parker from the very beginning). I have just been very tired.

1 comment:

miriam said...

oh my goodness! congratulations! that's so fun!