Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Denver Airport- Flight to Arizona

After the museum we headed to the airport. We'd never been there before and thought the architecture was pretty cool. Now, the goal was that Parker would be soo tired from the museum that he would be really good at the airport and even sleep on the plane. That turned to NOT be the case! Luckily Chris was able to get a pass to go through security with me to help with Parker. He had really only slept for about an hour by this time (3:00pm) and so he was really cranky. While we waited at the gate Chris and Parker walked back and forth on the moving sidewalks in front of the gate. However, when it was time to board the plane, Parker didn't really want to go. Anyways, I did my usual seat thing where I pretend I bought 2 seats so I don't have to hold him the entire time...except that that backfired because the plane was COMPLETELY full, even the 2 extra pilots that were on the flight had to sit in the cockpit with the other pilots!!! Now, normally it wouldn't have been too bad to have to hold Parker the whole time, except that being 8 months pregnant and not having a ton of room to begin with makes things a whole lot more challenging! He was pretty good at the beginning though and then decided he wanted to throw his car at my drink sitting on the tray of the girl next to me and ended up spilling some of it on her (oops!). I felt so bad, but luckily it was just Sprite and it got on her pillow mostly. Towards the end of the flight Parker had decided he had had enough and started crying, then would take out his pacifier and sadly say "Dadda" with huge tears running down his face. I would then calmly tell him that Daddy wasn't here and we would see him in a week...which would then cause him to cry even harder! It broke my heart :( When we started to descend the pilot said we would be on the ground in 20 minutes, however, I'm pretty sure it was a lot longer. Parker cried pretty much the entire time we were going down (I'm pretty sure his ears were hurting him since he didn't even finish a dum-dum that a lady a couple rows back handed us) and then like 2 minutes before we landed he had fallen asleep!!! This was supposed to happen at the BEGINNING of the 2 hour flight, not the last 2 minutes. Anyways, it was definitely an adventure that I don't really care to repeat, so we'll have to see how our flight to Salt Lake goes on Sunday and hopefully I'll be able to have 2 seats to myself and that he won't be as cranky! Wishful thinking I'm sure :)

No comments: