Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July Celebrations

Since 4th of July fell on a Sunday this year, South Eastern Idaho did their celebrations on the 3rd. We usually go to the parade in Idaho Falls, but this year we decided to skip it so Parker could at least have 1 nap before we headed down there. For lunch we went to my aunt and uncle's house for a BBQ, which was DELICIOUS! Parker and I then hung out at my other aunt and uncle's house for the rest of the evening while Chris went shooting with my uncle and his family that was visiting. As far as I know he really enjoyed it! Parker got to play with his 2nd cousins, Boyd & Brinley while they were gone. Parker had fun as well, especially since Boyd is only 8 months younger than him. And then it was time for the fireworks! We headed over to our usual spot and set up camp and waited for the show to begin.
My uncle, Chris, Parker and Boyd had fun passing the football back and forth before the show began.
My aunt made my grandpa's yummy stove-popped popcorn since my grandparents are on their mission this year (and it's sort of a tradition to take it with us)...it was GOOD!
The fireworks were amazing again this year and I'm glad we were able to go and have a nice day with family.
Happy 4th of July!!!!

No comments: