Monday, August 30, 2010

Allen's Funeral

August 14, 2010

Today was my brother's funeral in Vancouver, Washington. It was a really hard day, however it didn't really hit me until the viewing session started. I thought maybe I would be okay since we had already seen Allen the day before at the funeral home. However, it was much harder today and I wish Chris could have been there with me. It was just so weird seeing him lay there and knowing that we would never see him again on this earth. There were many tears shed and many thoughtful words said that helped us remember the wonderful life he had. My brother, Carsten, played a beautiful piano piece called Tribute that he dedicated to Allen. Even though it was such a hard and emotional day it is very comforting to know that he is with our Heavenly Father, watching over us each day and that we will be able to see him again one day!

We LOVE and MISS YOU ALLEN!!!!

No comments: