Monday, August 30, 2010

Gall Bladder Surgery

August 24, 2010

Today I had my gall bladder taken out. I don't really remember much but it went very smoothly. It is such a weird feeling because all I remember was being wheeled to the surgery room, waiting for the doctor, sliding onto the operating table from my bed, getting an oxygen mask on and my arms getting strapped to a table on either side of me and them putting a warm blanket on me. Then the next thing I know, I am starting to wake up and I could tell I was some place different and I remember asking if they had done it yet. Turns out they had! I still wasn't quite all there and I was still really sleepy. The surgery was like an hour or so, but it seriously only felt like a few minutes. It was really weird.

They put some of my stones in a container to look at. They were square, which I guess happens but is rare. The nurse said its been a long time since she has seen square ones. I wish I had taken a picture of them, but alas I still wasn't thinking clearly and didn't even think to. I was able to go home a few hours later. All I can eat today though is liquids and jello or pudding. Luckily though I really wasn't hungry so it didn't matter that I hadn't eaten since last night!

No comments: