Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Potty Training Week 1

This is just a recap of Parker's 1st week of potty training, mainly for my record, but feel free to read it if you'd like! He has progressed some every single day and we are anxiously looking forward to the day when he is completely out of diapers!!!!

Monday 10/10:
Today I decided I wanted to start officially potty training Parker once and for all. I made up a sticker chart for him and once he fills up a couple rows with stickers he gets part of his Thomas and Friends Train that we bought him (It has 2 parts and we decided to split it up instead of giving him the whole thing at once.) The morning didn't really go all that great. He had a few accidents before 10:30 am and it didn't really help matters having Tyler want to be right in the middle of the action. Parker did however finally went potty on his Car's potty after lunch!!!! WOOHOO :) I decided that I'm just going to focus on day training first until he gets that down and then work on night training. So for nap time I just put his diaper back on and then since we had to run some errands later that afternoon/evening I just left it on and just took him to the potty fairly often. Not too much else happened on the first day.

Tuesday 10/11: This morning he woke up around 5:45 and when I asked him if he needed to go potty he said YES!!! I was surprised he actually said that since every other time I ask him if he needs to go he says no. Anyways, so I took him to the bathroom and he actually went after about 5-10 minutes! YAY!! I thought that maybe this was a start and that it was actually starting to click...but that was the only time he actually went in the potty on the second day too :( I guess I am just going to have to be patient and it will come. It's just seems to be a lot harder than I had thought it would be. It's almost as if he doesn't really care about going in the potty or something because it doesn't really seem to phase him if he has an accident. I can't help but get a little frustrated, even though I shouldn't. I know he will get it, hopefully sooner than later though!!

Wednesday 10/12: He got up early again and I asked if he needed to go potty and he didn't really say anything this time, but went to the bathroom with me anyways. After sitting there for about 5 or 10 minutes again he didn't go. His diaper was wet when I took it off, so he must have just gone before I could get him to the bathroom. And then I stuck him in some underwear and just set the timer for ever 15 minutes and he went potty in his potty once more!!!! So far, before noon he has only had 1 accident!!!!! Even though he has only gone once every day for the last 3 days, I think it's definitely a start and as each day passes I learn a little bit more and the fact that he only had 1 accident this morning is again definitely some progress. I just need to stay strong and not give up and maybe by the end of the week he will be going more than once a day in his potty chair. One can hope right?! lol

Thursday 10/13: Today was a little bit better. He went almost the entire morning without having an accident! Overall he went 3 times in the potty and was able to finally earn part 1 of his Thomas and Friends train!!! He was so excited and he can't wait for the rest of it!

Friday 10/14: The morning was a bit of a struggle with about 2-3 accidents before lunch time. However, after his nap he was on a roll and went in the potty 3 times IN A ROW!!!! No accidents all afternoon/evening. I think we are finally starting to make some progress?! We are so proud of him!

Saturday 10/15: This morning when he woke up a couple hours later than earlier this week (thankfully!) I took him to the potty and even though he had gone poo in his diaper, he was completely DRY!! I sat him on the potty and he went right away. He then went potty another 3 times in a row with out an accident! So I guess that makes it a total of 6 times in a row from yesterday evening to mid morning today. Pretty awesome :) We then spent the rest of the afternoon in Breckenridge and I think that may have set him back just a little because he didn't go the rest of the day :(

Sunday 10/16: Today was an AWESOME day to say the least!! He woke up this morning with a completely DRY and clean diaper! Yep that's right, clean and dry!! I was so proud of him! I stuck him on the potty and he went right away! When we had him go before we left for church he was a little wet and wasn't able to go. That's okay, especially knowing what I know now. We kept him in a diaper while we were at church just in case since he hadn't been telling us that he needed to go. Well, since our drive to church is 40 minutes we had him try to go potty when we got there and he didn't go. However during the middle of sacrament meeting he actually said he needed to go potty!! WOOHOO :) lol So I asked him if he really had to go and he didn't say anything but just left our row and out the chapel door...quickly I might add, so I followed him since Chris was with Tyler in the hall. And surprise!! HE ACTUALLY WENT!!! Needless to say I was probably more excited than he was because lets face it, it was the 1st time he actually said he needed to go without us asking him and then he went! Anyways, in the middle of nursery (after Sunday School for Chris and me) I went in and took Parker to try and go potty. He was still dry but didn't have to go. When church was over I picked him up from nursery and asked him if he needed to go potty and he didn't really say anything but Chris informed me that his teacher said Parker told her he needed to go right at the end of nursery. So I quickly took him and he went AGAIN!!!! I got even more excited!! He went again after lunch and this time actually went POO for the first time (this potty training round anyways. He's gone 3 times before)!

After his nap he sort of woke up on the wrong side of the bed and was a little cranky so we didn't really push the whole potty thing. He said he didn't have to go. Well during dinner he said that he needed to go, so Chris took him in and his diaper was a little wet, but that's okay, he went poo in the potty again!!! Anyways, overall it's been a GREAT day!! After 1 full week, I think we are finally starting to make some awesome progress! In no time he will be a potty trained BIG BOY :)

No comments: