Saturday, April 28, 2012

The BIG 30!!!!

No, not me, I still have about 4 more years!!! Chris celebrated his 30th birthday on April 12, 2012...he's an old man now! haha Even though it was sort of a big birthday, we kept it pretty low key...he worked ALL day (lame...I would always try and take my birthday off, but I guess someone has to bring home the bacon!!). The boys and I picked him and his brother, Brad up from work and headed to Brady to go to Pizza Hut for dinner (there really isn't anything better in that town...or ours!), then we went home and did cake and presents. It was a great day and the boys had a lot of fun "helping" out with the preparations!
 I think the boys really wanted a piece of that cake!! (P.S. If you look really carefully, the left part of the red "Y" is missing...courtesy of Tyler who I guess thought the candle was candy when we were still at the store!)
 Apparently they don't make the GOOD Funfetti frosting (or the just don't sell it here)! You know the one with the little candies or whatever already mixed into the frosting?! So much better than just plain vanilla frosting with sprinkles on top!! Oh well, it still turned out delicious and the boys even helped bake it!
I got Chris Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University Home Study Kit that we have been looking at for awhile now. I think we may listen to The Dave Ramsey Show a little too much because when I pulled out the box to wrap it, Parker pointed to it and yelled excitedly "The Dave Ramsey Show!!" And then proceeded to tell Chris about it as soon as we picked him up...Luckily, Chris already knew I bought it (only because I blabbed it because when we were talking about it one day I thought he knew I had already bought it for him from the way he was talking; he didn't know, I was SO MAD!! lol) so it didn't ruin that particular surprise! Moral of the story? Don't wrap ANY gifts in front of Parker, because he WILL blab what it is!
 Even though Chris knew about this gift, I really wanted to get him something he didn't know about. So I got him tickets to see Dave Ramsey Live in San Antonio on April 14. We have been talking about going to that ever since we found out we were going to be in Texas, but didn't really think we would be able to go since we would have had to leave the boys with someone ALL.DAY.LONG! But I made it work, and he was so surprised! It was a great show and we are glad we were able to go!
HAPPY  30th BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!! 

No comments: