Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Attack of the Blinds....

Okay so I'm pretty sure I jinxed something earlier today by saying that Summer was finally here...A couple hours ago we got this HUGE storm, that really only lasted like maybe 30 minutes, but the wind was the strongest I'd ever seen while living here and it felt kind of like we were in the middle of a hurricane! We had our living room and bedroom windows open to let the breeze in but then out of no where the blinds started flying up towards the ceiling and going crazy. I thought they were going to break, so I went over to the living room window to close it, because it was also starting to rain, but the string to pull them up was behind the slats and I couldn't move fast enough to get them out before the blinds flew up and smacked me right in the face!!! That's right, one of the slats even cut me a little bit on the nose!! lol Well I finally got that window under control and went to close our bedroom window only to find that the screen blew out and was laying on the ground! So after shutting that window with more success than the first one, I had to go outside and behind our building to pick up the screen. Man what a night! All is well though, none of the blinds broke, so we should be good! The storm was actually kinda fun and at least it didn't snow. It's still pretty warm outside too, which is nice. Good old Idaho weather, you just never know what it will bring!!

2 comments:

Gabrielle Angel Wiser said...

That sounds like a pretty exciting day that you had sis. Glad to know that you are ok.

Mandi said...

Wow - that is crazy! The weather sure has been nuts around the world lately. We haven't had it too bad - but apparently all the cities around us have been having major flooding! Hopefully it warms back up!