Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Baby Update

Well I just thought I would give everyone an update on the baby...We went in for my weekly appointment yesterday and found that my blood pressure was really high, higher than last week. So the doctor sent me up to the hospital to spend the night to monitor my blood pressure and do a 24-hour urine sample to check the protien levels and make sure everything was okay. If my blood pressure didn't stabalize while I was laying in bed then I was going to be induced today, otherwise I'd be on strict bed rest for about a week and a half, until I reach 39 weeks. Well my blood pressure did stay down while I was laying down, so I was sent home this morning but have to stay in bed and am only allowed to shower and go to the bathroom. I have to go back to the doctor's office on Friday to get my blood pressure checked again and could possibly be induced this weekend or if everything still looks okay most likely next week. It's crazy and exciting to think I'm almost done and we will be having a baby anytime!!! That's the most recent update, and for those of you who have been wanting to see a picture of me, I'll try to get one up soon...maybe! ;)

4 comments:

Because You Want To Know said...

Oh good luck! I can't believe your just about due! Holy cow. I hope everything goes well and I can't wait to see pics of you! Good luck again... you'll be in our prayers :)

Jake and Sydni Yoshioka said...

hang in there! i went through the same thing with zac. one night in the hospital was all i needed to be convinced to do the bedrest. it's not so bad being waited on hand and foot! :) enjoy the time you get to rest cause after that baby comes you're gonna wish you had time to laying down! i was induced at 37 weeks and zac was just fine. good luck!!! i can't to see you and your baby in a few weeks!!

Barbara Wiser said...

I can't believe it's almost time to have the baby! I'm going crazy with excitement here in Arizona...It's hard to imagine it all because we didn't get to see you pregnant! I'm sure your adorable, you always are :) We've got our tickets to come now, but gonna torture me not getting to see him instantly! Call with your BP update after your appt today...love you both, Mommy Wiser

Kimberly said...

Congrats on the new baby!!!!