Friday, September 20, 2013

Rest of Summer Update...

As I sit here at my computer looking at all the pictures I have to blog about, the task of trying to catch up is very daunting...SO I think to just catch up I am going to do a brief summary of the rest of our summer. A few things deserve their own longer posts, but for the most part, I'm going to try and keep it as brief as possible!! Enjoy!

Splash Parks:
The boys and I went to a few different splash parks this summer with our group of friends. This one so far has been our favorite! It is in Pleasanton, which is about 30 minutes north of us. There was also a huge play structure to play on.
Family Reunion
Chris' family on his dad's side had their family reunion in Boise. It was a very short, but fun trip. We spent A LOT of time playing in the water since it was so HOT there! We went swimming at our hotel, at Chris' aunt and uncle's house and his cousin's house and played on a slip and slide at his other aunt's house. Chris and his siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins were able to complete several projects around his grandparent's house as a birthday present for their Grandpa to help him out. It was fun to be able to spend time with everyone and the boys sure were tired out by the end! 
Chris and his brother and son...the boys sure loved playing with their uncles and cousins!!
Arizona Trip
In August the boys and I flew down to Arizona to visit my family and then Chris came down at the end of the week for a couple days. Even though it was HOT, like we are talking record breaking temps, it was still so fun! We got to see my brother who had just gotten home from his mission in California and also meet our newest little niece...who is so adorable!!! I just wanted to take her home with me! We went swimming, shopping had a double in-home date with my sister and her husband, hung out with Chris' sister and some of her family and played a whole lot. Every time we go down there it just increases my desire to live there, despite their freakishly hot summers, there is just something that draws me to that area! Maybe it's the cheap cost of living compared to California and the insane desire to buy a house, which is pretty much impossible for us where we live now. :( Oh well, maybe one day! 
 Having a BLAST with their uncle Carsten!!
 Smores around a campfire...oh yes we did!! The boy's idea :)
Siblings :) 
And well, that about sums up the rest of our summer before SCHOOL started for Parker!!! We sure had a packed, fun filled summer, and now we are ready for fall!!!

No comments: